Northeastern High School Athletics
Return to Play
While the Athletic Department and rest of the NWS School Personnel are continuing to evolve our return to play guidelines in accordance to DOE and Wayne County Health, we wanted to give you a brief update as where things stand right now. Below are a few updates concerning Northeastern Athletics and return to play; more information will be sent once we get closer to the July 6th date:
- Any student-athlete (no matter what grade level) who received an IHSAA physical during the 2019-2020 school year will NOT require a new physical for 2020-2021. Those who did not have a physical during the 19-20 school year, still MUST get a physical for this season.
- ALL student-athletes, regardless of whether needing a physical or not, MUST complete the IHSAA Health Questionnaire and Consent Release Form along with an updated Concussion/Cardiac Arrest Form (found in Final Forms).
- All Parents and Athletes must have all forms (found in Final Forms) signed before summer activities can resume.
- Return to play for Northeastern High School Athletics will begin on Monday, July 6th, per DOE guidance.
- The DOE and State Government have limited each student-athlete’s time on campus to 15 hours per week during phase 1, which lasts for two weeks. We are designing our programs so that every High School student-athlete will be able to attend their fall, winter, and spring workouts, if they desire to do so.
- Schedules for the first two weeks (July 6-19) are being updated on EventLink to reflect the correct times, locations, and dates for workouts.
- More guidelines, along with an outline of protocol, will be published once our return to play information is finalized.
We look forward to July 6th, welcoming back our student-athletes to campus!